From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 18:07:00 PDT
Dear Tom,

what computer and which programs are sufficient for this scanner. Does this scanner
works again under a 486-2DX66, with 16 MG Ram, and Windows 3.1. Please tell
me more such about this scanner.
Helmut

Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
url: www.netwing.at/nisters/

or

Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
malacological collection

Feldstr. 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86-37

----------
David,

I use a Visioneer 6100 scanner (less than $150) and the software with
the scanner is sufficient to do most of what you need to get a decent
image (i.e. scanning a dorsal image and then scanning a ventral image
and combining them into a single image with two views of your shell).
There is a lot more you can do with a shell image, but for that you
really need something like Paintshop Pro or similar software.  If you
get a scanner and want some tips, write me off line and I'd be happy to
share what I have learned.  I got similar help from Bill Frank of
Jacksonville Shell Club web page fame.  I can also let you see what the
images from this machine look like.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA