From:
"Mary L. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 06:55:15 -0800
Dear Friends of Conch-L;
 Some of you buy from me; some of you trade with me; some of you I have
gone shelling with. None of you in person acted like you do on Conch-L.
Why do people have to quit Conch-L to get away from what is going on at
a place that is supposed to be a place to talk aboout shells of all
kinds?
This is not a pen pal site, this is not a joke site, if you need URL's
for either of this I can send them to you, this is a shell site.  Over
and over I read if you do not like what is sent, DELETE IT, but comming
from Conch-L, how do you know what to delete untill you open the
message?  I am sure you all know you have to wait 'till your computer
downloads all these messages, with a lot of  REPLY TO AUTHOR, when a new
message would be much better, we all know what the message is, there is
no need to REPLY TO AUTHOR, think of the poor guy overseas that has to
pay by the  minumte to receive all these REPLY TO AUTHORS when a simple
new message would do so much better.  (50 messages today, most reply to
author)  At times I learn a lot with all the questions and answers. But
I also feel very low to read how, you my friends, want to tear each
other apart.  Someplace in your message leave your e-mail number, it
will make it much easier to answer you instead of REPLY TO AUTHOR.  A
few of you will have something nasty to say to me about this long
letter, but it had to be said by me, to help me with my saddness
about the way Conch-L (A wonderful site on shells) is going down hill
instead of getting better.  There are a few of you that will tear into
me now, so get on with it and get it over with.
 John Bernard