From:
Emilio Jorge Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 18:13:59 -0400
Hello!

Wow!  Thanks to all for your kind attention and help with the Born title.
Guess thats what CONCH-L is all about!!

I may need some more help with some of the older literature
[which will be much appreciated and cited].

I am in the process of putting together a website for the Cuban Polymita,
which are confusing enough. The literature is just as confusing. Abbott had
cited the picta as Born 1778 and not 1780. Did he know something we did not?
I am using Carlos de la Torre's monograph (thanks to Wayne H.) as the main
reference and that of the Cuban publication "Polymita"  by Fernandez Milera
as well as some others. I understand that de la Torre had his holotypes in
his collection but that he sent paratypes of all to USNM. Is there a list of
paratypes vs. lot numbers available so I can reference them on the website
listing?

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

Please visit;