Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 03:28:52 +0000
I thought all those Vegans out there would like to know that we just
enjoyed a 1 1/2 rib eye steak complete with mushrooms ... it was delicious
. I found that when roasting it's best to start at a temp. of about 400 -
450 degrees, after 4-5 minutes drop the temp to only 200-225 degrees , this
way the meat will not over cook ... if you start with a honking big beef
roast like a steam ship round of 20-30 lbs. you can let it go for many
hours at this temp , utilizing this method of roasting you will never see
that dried out shoe leather on the platter again .
Hey Ross , speaking of evolution, how many generations of Vegans does it
take for the human incisors to be replaced by another set of molars ???
mark

At 08:09 PM 8/16/99 +0000, you wrote:
>        Just a little clarifying note (albiet a trifle off-topic!!) about
Adventists and vegetarianism
>(Andrew wrote: < Their views may be peculiar to outsiders (strict
>vegetarianism, for instance), but as a group they do not reject
logic...>): it is actually neither
>"strict", nor (to correct another quite popular notion!) are any of our
dietary positions based upon
>ritual - all are simply a matter of health.  It is, by the way a matter of
fact (not theory!) that
>Adventists live about 8 years longer than the North American average, and
that the ones who live the
>longest are the vegans :-}.
>sparodically Pisciverous in Canada,
>Ross M.
>
>P.S.: To tie this message into the "conch" theme, we don't eat them -
probably one of the reasons
>Adventists are so scarce in France!!
>--
>Ross Mayhew:  Schooner Specimen Shells:  Http://www.schnr-specimen-shells.com
>"We Specialize in the Unusual"
>Phone: (902) 876-2241; Fax: (902) 479-1863.
>But try to find "something for Everyone"!!
>Snail Mail:  349 Herring Cove Rd, P.O Box 20005,  Halifax, N.S., Canada,
B3R 2K9.