From:
Nancy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:12:30 -0400
Okay, I know I'm new here but the very first thing I notice is that there
is a desperate need for the ability to SEARCH the archives (at least
addressing the subjects) for a keyword or something.  Am I missing
something obvious and can this be done short of going through each one
separately using the browser's "Find"?  :)

Second...  is there a way for those of us for whom Latin names are
initially just NOT being retained by our organic memory banks to
efficiently relate the common names to the proper Latin names of molluscs
in online databases such as gastropods.com or the like?   It is a rather
daunting experience to look through hundreds of possible names to find out
what in the h*ll that darn crown conch is really called (I know this one
now, just an example).   I am working on a library of reference books but
good ones don't come cheap...   :)

And lastly....   does anyone know of a good CD-ROM reference for
shells/molluscs?

Thank you, and I hope you all have a great day.

Nancy
"I'd rather be shelling."