From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 20:45:56 -0000
Good Saturday morning gang ...
Yesterday (Friday) Ebay on-line auctions had a very unusual item , A HUMAN
KIDNEY!!!
Before the "cyber police" pulled the plug the bids reached 6 million
dollars. So what's the big problem with selling one of your extra kidneys ?
Maybe it's two fold , thou shall not commit self harvesting unless it's
donated (free of course)  to some organ bank which in turn SELLS your
"donated " organ for hundreds of thousands of dollars !!!
I'm one of the fools who actually carry a donor card on the back of my
license, but it has always bugged the hell out of me that some shmuck who
has the money will be pushed to the front of the "donor list" and the truly
needy will just have to wait for the leftovers . Case in point was when a
famous retired Baseball player who drank like a fish all his life was in
dire need of a liver , instead of having to wait for years the perfectly
matched liver was immediately available,,,,go figure!!!!! this was the point
that I felt the system was corrupted but I'll still keep my donor card and
I'm, contemplating having a painful marrow sample taken so as to be put on
the marrow donors list ,,,,
Did you know that in South Africa , the brain dead patents are taken for
harvesting with little opposition this is not the case here in America, only
10-20% of the families release the bodies for harvesting , all those
perfectly good kidneys, corneas, marrow, livers, hearts , lungs and other
parts just get buried and rot never to help someone in need , but hey we
wouldn't want to violate some antiquated religious right .
So why not let people donate a single kidney? you can live without one.
Well time for another cup of delicious coffee and I think while I'm up I'll
give those kidneys a try as coffee runs right through me,,,,, ferreter