From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:29:36 -0000
Guess you didn't use the denatured alcohol idea did ya? ok, James all's not
lost. you do have to  hunker down with the good old elbow grease now. you'll
need either a buffing wheel and rouge OR hand buff with toothpaste and this
takes along time but will work unless you really etched the dorsum something
awful. if the etching is real bad you will need to start with rubbing
compound then work into the fine toothpaste. sorry but you should have used
my method . another idea is to elevate the shell off the bottom of the
soaking container so as to keep it out of the smelly muck . With age comes
experience right Art .....ferreter