From:
"Cramer, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:30:27 -0400
Was this from Mark Poland?  He sent me the pictures too and I was just
trying to get the picture into an e-mail when your note arrived.  I told him
it was phosphorescence and we determined the shell was not painted.  That is
now clear from the pictures.  Yes, I think it is Melongena bispinosa.  The
pictures are impressive.  I don't have a sample of M. bispinosa to test.
Does anyone have one to look at in the dark?