Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 10:49:47 EST
SHELL HORROR!!!
On Halloween afternoon, my apartment was broken into, robbed and vandalized.
I thought my cat "Koko" had been stolen or killed or let loose.  The
Miami-Dade Police Department was the best and came immediately.  My cat was
subsequently located under a bed and I was very thankful.
    BUT...the worst damage...apart from all the stuff stolen...was that the
burglers went into my Pinnidae collection and just scattered the shells and
stepped on some of them.  I have salvaged many.  I just feel devastated.  I
just want to let others know that jewelry, money and electronics are not
their only valuables.
    As I am writing this, I am having a "killer" security system installed.
I am determined to continue to work on my worldwide Pinnidae exhibit for the
shell show and will not let this get me down.  Having said all this, I feel
better.
Elizabeth Brown
9359 Fountainbleu Blvd.,  F-107
Miami, FL  33172