From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 08:07:39 PST
Dear Art,

the expert on Chitons is Glenn Burghardt, who has also a part of
his homepage dedicated to the Chitons mainly of California.
But as his wife Laura at the moment doesn't stay very well I hope
that he is not very angry that I gave you his name.
An expert on the families Mitridae and Costellariidae for instance
is Dr. Hans Turner, Rovio, Switzerland ([log in to unmask]).
An expert on Fam. Clausiliidae (inlandshells) is Dr. Hartmut
Nordsieck, Johannesstr. 36, D - 78056 Villingen-Schwenningen

(Germany): [log in to unmask] (maybe that the first d after
@ should be substitute with t - please try it.).
I'll look for some more experts, but I hope this helps for the moment
Helmut from Innsbruck

Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
url: www.netwing.at/nisters/

or

Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
malacological collection
Feldstr. 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86-37

We list and catagorize and create data base for many things. What I'd
like to know is: Is there any list of who the experts are on various
shell families?
        Frinstance: If I want to know something about Chitons, I'll get in
touch with Tom Rice. But who is the expert on this, that, and the other
families? Which experts welcome correspondence? Which ones are on THIS
list?
        Q-Man (Defender of Truth, Justice, and the Ohio way)