From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 12:48:59 -0000
Good call John BUT there are a few other indicators, such as the shell is
not the proper shape as the golden , the shell will have uniform color not
subtle shading like the real one , and the shell will also have a faded look
.
 Now how to fake and bake , heat in peanut oil , it will keep that cracking
down that's caused when the inside of the cowrie is cooler then the outside
and this causes fine cracks . but remeber , mark all shells as "baked" or
"faked " as to be fair to the buyer .