From:
worldwide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2022 17:53:15 -0500
Check spelling:

Cymbiola vespertilio matiyensis Douté, 1985

A localized (form?) (subspecies?).

I don't seem to see a listing of this species in
WoRMS, even with the correct spelling, which may
indicate it was not validly described; that is just a supposition.

Interestingly, in the slim photo publication
illustrating the Harold Douté collection [La
Conchilia, Yearbook 1997 - Volute La collezione
Doute], all of the large orange Mindanao C.
vespertilio on Plate 56 are labeled in the
supplemental folio as form: angustiensis. a name
that also does not appear in WoRMS.  The species
name matiyensis, as Rick previously mentioned,
was described from Mati, the capital city of
Davao Oriental on southeast Mindanao Island.  So
not all orange vespertilio are matiyensis (if, in
fact, the name has been validated).  The Internet
has yet to turn up any indication of the species
name other than on dealer Web pages.

Rich G.