From:
Steve Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2024 09:33:31 -0400
While studying the NW Australian Trochidae species Astele multigrana  (Dunker, 1871) the citation in WoRMS (pasted below) led me to the original description (in Latin) in  the referenced publication. I was able to find that easily enough and figure out the Latin, but I could not find the page(s) that included any figures (I believe this species was "55" in the paper itself. ) If anybody can find the type figure and point me to it, I would be grateful.

If anybody has any other illustrations of this species, that information would be welcome to.  All I could find was  Wilson's Australian Marine Shells, Vol. 1

Original description
(of Ziziphinus multigranus Dunker, 1871) Dunker, W. (1871). Mollusca nova Musei Godeffroy Hamburgensis. Malakozoologische Blätter. 18: 150-175., available online at https://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/page/35502856
page(s): 169 [details]

http://listserv.uga.edu/scripts/wa-UGA.exe?SUBED1=conch-l-L&A=1