AGED-NORTH Archives

AgEd Teachers of North Georgia

AGED-NORTH@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Blane Marable <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Blane Marable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:22:20 -0500
Teachers, we have 18 senior teams and 9 junior teams signed up to
compete today.  Since it takes about 15 minutes for each team to
compete and to allow time for the judges to score a team - it may take
a while.  To help speed up the process and get some teams home before
midnight, we will have two sections for seniors.  We will assign your
senior team when you register this afternoon to either Senior Room #1
or Senior Room #2.   We will take the top two teams from each room and
set up a date in a few weeks that the top four teams can compete
again, then the top two teams from the finals will advance to the
State CDE.

We are set up to take the first teams at 2, so the early you arrive,
the sooner we can get you out.  I am sure there will be a back log of
teams at 4:30 so try to arrive as soon as you can.

Junior teams will have only one room.   All results will be announced
tomorrow afternoon by email on the North Region listserv.

All team members will take an individual exam.  So your team members
will need pencils.  Students will have up to 30 minutes to complete
the written exam.  Remember to bring your gavel.  The chairperson and
the secretary will have up to 30 minutes to write the minutes.

Junior teams will register and compete in the Four Towers Ag. Alumni
Activity Center.  The senior teams will register and compete in the
Animal Science Building.

If you are traveling by bus, drop your team members off and then park
across the road at the Intramural recreation fields or around the
Animal Science Building.

See you this afternoon.

Blane

--