AGED-NORTH Archives

AgEd Teachers of North Georgia

AGED-NORTH@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Brandon Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brandon Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2017 12:25:06 -0400
Teachers,

The land judging pits for the Area 2 Land Judging Training are now set up. I have left keys for the pits on the front porch of the cabin at the East Jackson High School location. Pits will be open for judging from 3:30 to 5:30 today and tomorrow. There is a limited supply of water for texturing the soil and rulers for measuring the topsoil. If you have these items at your school then it may be a good idea for you to bring them just in case. You may also want to bring paper towels for your students to wipe their hands off in between judging each pit. The slope stake ribbons also indicate each field. The field is indicated at the top of each scoring key and any assumptions that are usually found on the assumption card are marked on the keys as well for you to tell your students. Don't forget to bring copies of the land judging scorecard for your students to fill out as well as water for your students to drink. There will be no GPS training course set up. I am not going to be at either of the training days so if you have any other questions please give me a call.