From:
Fred Schueler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2016 12:58:03 -0400
On 10/6/2016 12:39 PM, Fabio Moretzsohn wrote:
> Be safe, Ellen and all on the path of hurricane Mathew.

* and then when it's passed, get out and document the shells thrown up
by the storm surge! There may be quite a number of just-subtidal
northward global-warming range extensions to be found as the storm
sweeps up the Atlantic coast.

fred.

> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>
>     Matthew is sucking up the sea level. The low pressure under the eye
>     creates a dome of water. That's your storm surge. The water has to
>     come from somewhere. If I was on Eleuthera now I would want a
>     shelter as high as possible on the east side of the island.
>
>     On Oct 6, 2016, at 9:37 AM, Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]
>>     <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>>
>>>     from about 45 minutes ago:
>>>
>>>     https://instagram.com/p/BLONqdNhjVZ/
>>>     <https://instagram.com/p/BLONqdNhjVZ/>
>>>
>>>     It's going to be bad.
>>>
>>>     Sent from my iPad
>>>     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>     [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> - a
>>>     forum for informal discussions on molluscs To leave this list,
>>>     click on the following web link:
>>>     http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1
>>>     <http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1> Type your
>>>     email address and name in the appropriate box and click leave the
>>>     list.
>>>     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>     [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> - a
>>     forum for informal discussions on molluscs To leave this list,
>>     click on the following web link:
>>     http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1
>>     <http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1> Type your
>>     email address and name in the appropriate box and click leave the
>>     list.
>>     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>     [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> - a forum
>     for informal discussions on molluscs To leave this list, click on
>     the following web link:
>     http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1
>     <http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1> Type your
>     email address and name in the appropriate box and click leave the
>     list.
>     ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>

> --
> Fabio Moretzsohn, Ph.D.
> Professional Assistant Professor
> Department of Life Sciences
> Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
> 6300 Ocean Drive, Unit 5800, Corpus Christi, TX 78412-5800
> Phone: (361) 825-3477
> mollusca [at] gmail.com <http://gmail.com/>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.  Think Green!
> [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> - a forum for
> informal discussions on molluscs To leave this list, click on the
> following web link:
> http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1 Type your email
> address and name in the appropriate box and click leave the list.

           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
            Fragile Inheritance Natural History
Vulnerable Watersheds - http://vulnerablewaters.blogspot.ca/
4 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0