From:
Steve Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2016 09:01:28 -0400
About a year ago there was a discussion of B. carica in a conch-l thread, and the size of some large fossil shells was cited up to 244mm, and it was noted Malacolog database gave the current maximum size at 249mm.

I wonder if anybody could please check and report out on the current size in the official (subscriber) registry database, or in the similar past registry databases in print.

Equally useful would be if anybody has records or knows of specimens in the size range of 249mm and up, all the books and online references I have stop at 9 inches, Malacolog cites 249mm (a little under 10 inches), and the current online Wikipedia article states up to 12 inches (305mm) but I did not  find that in the references cited on the Wikipedia page itself.  (although one of the four links in the refs. did not work)

Thanks in advance for any data.