From:
Tom Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2016 10:11:41 -0500
I stopped by Dania Beach at low tide yesterday (Thursday, Dec 30), and found a crabbed Melongena corona between 2 1/2 - 3 inches. The shell does seem to be recent and not fossilized.

I remember that there was some difficulty in confirming Melongena corona in Broward County, Florida. Although not definitive proof (not the living mollusk), Dania Beach is at least 12 miles from the nearest county border (Miami-Dade County). So, Melongena corona may still be living in Broward County waters...

Tom Ball