From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2020 15:49:57 -0500
Hi John

In a related matter, I noted that the Sultan of Oman (Dr Bosch's
employer, I recall) passed away a few days ago:

Qaboos bin Said Al Said (Arabic: قابوس بن سعيد آل سعيد‎, IPA:
[qaː.buːs bin sa.ʕiːd ʔaːl sa.ʕiːd]; 18 November 1940[2] – 10 January
2020) was the Sultan of Oman from 23 July 1970 until his death. A
fourteenth-generation descendant of the founder of the House of Al
Said,[3] he was the longest-serving leader in the Middle East and Arab
world at the time of his death.[4]