From:
John Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 13:10:00 +0000
Thanks to our monolithic but fragile service provider we have been off
the air for a couple of days, and in the process we have changed
providers. We will go to the Chonch-L archives to catch up on the
traffic of the last two-three days.

But in the meantime, this is the quickest way to let our Conch-L friends
know our new e-mail address -- the slow way is to type a hundred or so
e-mails. So pardon the intrusion.

The new e-mail address for Rosalie and John Taylor is

To follow up on my e-mail of a couple of days ago regarding the
pronounciation of conch. We have heard only two people in our many years
of involvement with shellers pronounce the word as "konch." One of
these, a venerable well traveled lady, even uses the soft ending in the
word, rendered here again phonetically, "konchologist."

Rosalie