Sender:
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 15:26:26 -0700
7bit
From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Jiongtao says "Sorry for everyone that I submitted this uninteresting topic
m(--)m....."
I disagree!
It was a very interesting thread!  Thanks for posting it, and thanks to all who
participated.
I suppose it becomes very important to know if you have a 'doctored' shell if
you are planning on paying big bucks for one, or innocently trying to sell one
in the mistaken belief that it is real.  Such 'doctored' shells make an
interesting collection of their own - if you don't pay too much.
I too am a lover of shells for their own sake.  I like all shells, (that's why I
can't specialize I suppose).  I don't have big bucks to spend, but there are
thousands of shells out there that fall in the little or no value category. They
don't even have to be pretty in the usual way -  I enjoy looking at each shell
and comparing them against other similar shells, sort of a pseudo-scientific
interest I guess.  And I can look at the small ones endlessly under the
misroscope!

Nora
Calgary, Alberta