Sender:
From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:36:36 -0500
Thanks for your helpful explanation re keys, Paul.
I was convinced that I had found a common sand-dwelling Terebra on my
recent visit to India, just judging by the shell. But now I think it is
more likely to be Bullia tranquebarica. If I only looked at examples from
the Bullia genus, I wouldn't have guessed that either without seeing the
photo of the more Terebra-like B. tranquebarica. So a key based on shell
morphology would probably not have helped in that case, right?
David
Durham, NC