Sender:
From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 02:51:34 -0500
Hi Ross,
I just heard from someone in touch with him (Harasewych, not Abbott) that
he hasn't even begun to work on the third edition. It could be a long, long
time. Hopefully, there will be books out on something slightly less
ambitious. For instance, someone could do just one coast. Or do
shallow-water species only. Or how about re-issuing Jong & Coomans as a
stand alone book on Caribbean shells? (I heard it was good; the one at
University of North Carolina's biology library was evidently ripped off
from the set it belonged to). I'm looking forward to Harry Lee's upcoming
book on NE Florida shells.
Does anyone happen to have a copy of the corrections to the 3rd ed.? Since
I'm about to receive one, I'd like to know about the short-comings.
--David
Durham, NC