Sender:
From:
Bill Fenzan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:54:39 -0500
Hi James,

Is there any chance you could have the spelling of this cone wrong?  Conus
sozoni Bartsch, 1939 (a synonym for C. delessertii Recluz, 1843) may have
been mispronounced and authorship erroneously attributed to Dr. Abbott.

Or, Conus sennotorum Rehder and Abbott, 1951 could also have been the
species referred to if it was mis-pronounced and the authorship was
mis-stated.

Since C. sozoni is a widely used name (still) and they are much more common
than C. sennottorum, I would be tempted to guess that is the shell and the
name was garbled in transmission.

Bill Fenzan
Norfolk, Virginia