Sender:
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 21:49:10 EST
If you use the microwave, make sure the shells are in a paper bag, or you
will have animal all over the walls of the microwave. You will usually hear
the "Pop" sound as they are blown out of the shell. What doesn't get blow
out, is cooked and I have had no problem with odor when they are cooked.

I wouldn't use it on Cypraea, but it's great for Conus and Murex.

Frank (Still in the 50's, in Massachusetts)

PS The Boston Mal Club had a great Christmas meeting last night. A cigar box
display competition was the main attraction and there were some beautiful
displays by the members. Presents were exchanged and a grand drawing was held
for a basket of shells that included one shell from each member. Meetings are
the 1st Tuesday of each month Sept through May. If you're in the area, let us
know and we'll get you directions or a ride. Membership includes spanking new
collectors to some of the well known experts in the field.