Sender:
From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:58:33 +1300
>Andrew G.:
But look at things from the game
>officer's perspective. If he finds Paryphanta shells in someone's
>possession, how
>does he know if that person found them alive or dead? He can't just take their
>word as the truth, or no violators would ever be charged. Zero tolerance is the
>best policy in their profession.
>
>Andrew V.

Some shells will show  obvious signs of having been  dead-collected.
Paryphanta that appear live-collected almost certainly would be, due to the
rapid degradation that begins as soon as the animal dies. Dead-collected
ones are very obvious. Any officer who is at all intelligent should be able
to make the distinvtion and act in accordance with the SPIRIT of the law,
not be an office Hitler and prosecute the letter of the law. I believe that
American officials may be much more officious in this than those here in
Enzed.

The point is that if the dead specimens are not collected, the shells are
destroyed by natural processes. These endangered shells are especially
precious, and should be PRESERVED. I feel very strongly about this.

Andrew G