Sender:
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 00:14:48 EST
I am in the process of trying to set up a Shelling vacation with a resort
owner in Palawan. "The Last Frontier" in the Philippines. If it works out it
will be a very reasonable program, with special discounts for CONCH-L
members. My disabilities prevent me from going with you, so I would want to
hear the stories when you return. So far the purposed program looks very
good. It will go on the web site, if and when the details are worked out.

David is right, you have to see a reef in that area at night to get the true
feeling of excitement when the reef comes alive. Having experienced over 20
reef walks on minus tides at night while on Okinawa, I can tell you there is
nothing like it.

Frank (Dealing with the Worcester tragedy. One of my son's a firefighter 20
miles from Worcester) ii's getting a little colder in Massachusetts

Hello all,

I just wanted to say I went for the first time on a reef in the
Philippines(Cebu) at night. It was unbelievable to see all the species and
quantities of shells. I got 4 species of frog shells, many cowries and
cones and dozens of other species. There are hundreds of shells that find
there way out at night. In the day they really do disappear and are nowhere
to be seen. It is amazing to dive in the Philippines as a shell collector
and see how plentiful it really is and see alive only species I have only
read about in the past in books. I think everybody who collects shells
should come to the South pacific and experience for themselves the
unbelievable abundance of shells here.

                                                David