Sender:
From:
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 22:40:24 -0700
Well, I can' t help our screaming friend James, but I would also be
interested in Nerita exuvia with an operc -- or even just the operc or a
picture.  If anyone is curious, the operc is sometimes critical in
identifying some of the nerites.  N. exuvia is easily identified, with or
without an operc, but others are much more difficult to tell apart.  N.
undata and N. maura look much alike but for the operc.  So those of us
interested in nerites are always trying to get a specimen with the operc.
In the case of N. exuvia, thousands are shipped out, but seldom is anyone
concerned with preserving the operculum.  Thanks for listening,

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico (where it finally decided to get cold with a
vengeance)