Sender:
From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 20:24:15 -0500
OK all you big strong bivalve boosters. I've got these 1/4 inch valves from
Ft. Fisher, NC, that resemble very much the illustrations for Astarte nana.
Evenly-spaced ridges are there. But Abbott says Astarte has no pallial
sinus. And when God says there's no pallial sinus I begin to doubt my
beliefs in outward appearances. There's a strong obliquely-pointed pallial
sinus in each of them.

Well, are these just baby Dosinia? They're compressed but not that
compressed and their umbones are prominent compared to adult Dosinia.
Other possibilities?
Someone may yet win the tiny frustrating bivalves sweepstakes!

Happy holidays all,
David K.