Sender:
From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 10:46:21 -0500
HELP! I am an advanced collector but am still having trouble with s     Linome of my  pectens, particularly since there is not a good book on  Pectinidae.  FIRST QUESTION: is there any synonomy within the larvata-squamosus-squamata-geoup. I        have specimens that are completely smooth and labelled "larvata" by some dealers, grading into ones that are very similar but do have a few scales grading into ones  with more scales.  These  all seem to be different from those labelled "squamata."  OH WELL, this may nbe what comes from being  an "armchairr" collector and not being able to come to COA       conventions.  WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP!        I'm Linda       Bush, in St. Louis.