Sender:
From:
frhinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:52:45 -0600
Hello all,
I used this method in Kuwait while there 61/2 years. Even
during the months of zero humidity it would help if you had
no smelling ability. Even today, after 17 years. if you
have the ability, one can still that  tell something is in
there.
Fred
----------
> From: Andrew K. Rindsberg
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Drying sheds
> Date: Monday, March 23, 1998 10:07 AM
>
> Biologists have occasionally mentioned something called a
"drying shed" for
> their marine specimens. The archives of the Alabama
Museum of Natural
> History indicate that Herbert H. Smith used a drying shed
here on the
> University of Alabama campus for his immense collections
of freshwater
> snails and mussels in the 1910's. Does anyone on Conch-L
have personal
> experience with drying sheds? Would it help to be anosmic
(unable to smell)