Sender:
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 07:22:37 +0000
From:
Bob Nuelle <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Here at UniverShell we use FileMaker Pro. It is an absolutely marvelous
database and supports both Macintosh and Windows clients, unlike Access.

FileMaker also gives us the option to create a "run-time" version, which
simply means that the program can be used by someone without the need for
them to go out and buy any other software in order to use the database.

We keep a database of our inventory - [2,000 specimens] in one system, our
personal collection [1,000 specimens] as well as a financial package that
allows us to track each sale, send our email [right from the database], keep
track of collector's wish lists and manage our Ebay auction business.

It is definitely worth a look. We hope to have a consumer version of our
database available for sale in Q1 - 2000.

Please contact us off list if you have any questions or need assistance in
building a system.

Bob & Rosemary