Sender:
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 23:18:24 EST
Ask people to volunteer and match an old timer up with a new bee for some of
the projects etc.

Many years ago, as a frightened young man preparing to enter into an
organization that I knew nothing about, an older man, who was one of the
advisers, came into the room we were waiting in and said, remember you will
get out of this organization, just exactly what you are willing to put into
it. How true. So many of us stand at the stove of life and say, "give me some
heat and I'll feed you some wood." It just doesn't work that way, even in
nature and life. You have to be willing to put something in, if you want to
get something out. We just need to make sure they understand the rules up
front.

A famous motivational speaker use to carry a hand pump with him whenever he
walked on stage. When asked what it was, he would say "Oh, just a reminder
that if I want to get that cool, deep water that is the sweetest, I have to
be willing to prime the pump." For those of you unfamiliar with the process,
you pour water into the pump to get it started. Again you have to willing to
put something into it, in order to get the best benefit from the pump, as in
life.

Frank (snow's over but it's getting cold) in Massachusetts