Sender:
From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:27:49 -0500
I think the Vexillum is roseotinctum (Hervier, 1897). It resembles suavis
and rubrum.

PPP unfortunately is FULL of misidentifiactions (in addition to having very
poor pictures). But it IS in PPP plate 56/13,14 misidentified as suavis.

It is in HSN 1/85 and 9/78 (Richard Salisbury), but not in Turner Part 2
according to my mitriform guru Salisbury

At 10:05 PM 1/17/2000 -1100, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>Ross was nice enough to post images of a couple of
>shells that I found in the past week, and I'd be interested
>in any comments that you have on them.  The first one
>is a small Vexillum, and the other is a little red bubble
>shell that I haven't identified.  If you'd like to have larger
>images so you can see more detail, please e-mail me
>at [log in to unmask] and I'll be glad to send them
>to you.
>
>http://www.geocities.com/conchlimages/
>
>Thanks,
>

>Don