Sender:
From:
Masashi Yamaguchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:53:38 +0900
The first edition of Kira's book was published in 1954 and it was revised in
1959. My copy was
printed in 1972 (18th printing of the 2nd edition) and has a picture of
Spondylus on its cover (and two strombids on the box cover). This
represented our standard reference book for Japanese shells for three
decades after the first edition was published.

Masashi Yamaguchi