Sender:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:57:16 -0700
7bit
From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Marian
They may or may not have been frozen when I collected them but I think they would
have been exposed to freezing conditions off and on for quite awhile - so I was
assuming that anything I found washed up on the riverbanks or in surface mud
would have been dead. The live critters I found were some planorbulids (very
tiny) and some stagnicola, maybe half an inch tall.  I did not find any live
bivalves.  All bivalves were sphaerids, no unionids.