Sender:
From:
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 23:05:37 -0700
Hey Don,

A near-world-record Strombus peruvianus, and a Struthiolaria papulosus in
Tonga!!  And to think we have been complaining about data from the
Philippines....  You realize that years and years from now, someone will buy
a collection and it will have these two shells in it.  They will immediately
dismiss the data slips as inaccurate.

So is there any activity there that might possibly explain the salting of
foreign shells?  I understand a Philippine shell showing up in Florida as
tons are shipped there every year.  But a shell from the west coast of South
America or one from New Zealand -- in Tonga?  Something like coal to
Newcastle?

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA