Sender:
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 23:09:11 EST
Hi Mariah,
The first shell on your page looks like Murex (Hexaplex) stainforthi (Reeve),
from Australia
The one below that looks like a juvenile Cassis fimbriata (Quoy & Gaimard),
also from Australia
To the right of them is Murex (Poirieria) zelandica (Quoy & Gaimard) from New
Zealand
Under them is Murex (Bolinus) cornutus Linne from West Africa
The bivalve under that I'm not sure about.  The picture isn't too good
(should put Ross's algorithm to work!)  Also, I don't know how big the shell
is.  Anyway it resembles Megapitaria aurantiaca Sowerby from west Central
America, but I can't be sure.
The next two are fresh water species, so I'll bow out here.
Regards,
Paul M.