Sender:
From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 16:09:14 -0500
This is to the schoolteachers who live near Sanibel.
    I lost the message---like the rest of my mind. I taught high-school
for the customary 30 years. Coached. Enjoyed that. We were known for
baseball----Don Zimmer, Pete Rose, Art Mahaffey, and about a dozen
others. Since I knew more about tennis than anyone else in the school, I
could COACH it. But since my certification wasn't athletics, I couldn't
TEACH it. Ex-football players did that.
    Now I do the Epitoniidae. Did a book on them. Borrow it from Jose
Leal at the Sanibel Museum, and buy it if you like it. Several of the
specimens figured came from your area. Be on the lookout for them when
you got nothing better to do. It's a good excuse for beachwalking if you
run out.
    Welcome to the list.
        Art Weil