Sender:
From:
"Sylvia S. Edwards" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:11:33 -0600
A virus program only scans for the information that was good the day you
installed it.  It does not protect you from newly fortunately viruses.

Personally, I don't have a virus program installed because it interferes
with many other programs, plus I have doubts about how useful it is.  There
is a company named Trend that sells virus protection programs to large
networks.  I believe they update on a daily basis.  For PC users, for free
you can go there and use their program on-line to scan your drives with a
program called Housecall.  The first time you visit, it takes a while to
download the initial virus protection.  After that, each time you go you
will have a short update to download.

When I receive any *.exe attachment, I go there to scan it before opening
it.  You can get there by going to http://housecall.antivirus.com

Sylvia S. Edwards
Huntsville, Alabama