Sender:
From:
Dave Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:09:38 -0600
I take issue with Karlynn Morgan's statement that this is Dave Green's
problem.  First, I want the entire shell world to know that I am not the
COA 2000 Convention Chairman for Houston.  My wife, Lucille, is Chairman.
I am only the auction chairman and just a member of the convention
committee trying to host and put this convention on for the COA members.

Second, the issues raised by Ross is a COA Board of Directors issue, not a
convention chairman, and certainly not an auction chairman's decision.
Let's get this understood from the start.

This is not a new issue to COA.  Ross has brought this issue to COA on
prior occasions when I was COA President.  I put it to Board at that time
and it was the decision of the Board that although there were important
facts in his position, COA was not a policing agent to enforce US
Immigration and Customs Laws.  The Board felt it was the dealer's
responsibility to abide by all laws and it was their responsibility to know
and understand the laws.  It was decided that COA would take no action.

Third, since Linda Brunner is now COA President, I feel it is up to Linda
and her current Board to address this issue, providing she and the Board
feel the need to do so.  As COA Past President, I DO NOT speak for the
Board.  If Linda feels the need to talk about this issue, I am sure she
will address the Board at the Mid-Year Board meeting or at the convention.

Remember, the COA Board sets policy and procedures concerned with the
operation of COA.  This is not a responsibility of the Convention Chairman
or any member of his/her convention committee.

If anyone has concerns over what Ross has distributed on Conch-L, then I
suggest you express your concerns to Linda and the Board.  Let's give Linda
and her staff the opportunity to work these questions.

As for me personally, I do not feel the need to discuss my position on this
subject openly but I will be pleased to talk with members of the Board.  If
any action is needed, it MUST come from the COA Board.

If anyone has any questions, you may contact me at my office in Dallas at

Dave Green
Manager, Central Staffing & Sector College Relations
Phone    972-946-2669
Fax        972-946-3438