Sender:
From:
Joni Inkwindi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:53:36 EST
On Wednesday, March 22nd, the powers that be of John U. Lloyd state park will
be meeting with the public to discuss usage issues.  Since the erosion
problem is so critical, I feel certain that beach re-nourishment for the 2
1/2 miles of coastline involved will be a topic of discussion.  Various
schemes have been proposed in the past, but have failed due to lack of
federal and county support(fyi - the erosion is mainly due to the Port
Everglades inlet, just to the north), and the idea of offshore dredging is
being kicked around...
If anyone is interested, the open-to-the-public meeting will be held at 7:00
pm in the auditorium at Sea Tech.  I'll be attending, and will let you know
if any shell-related issues are discussed.
Thanks,
Joni