Sender:
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:04:35 -0500
From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Dear James,

Cate (1977) treated 41 species level taxa in the Eratoidae, including all
of your sample below.  He employed 4 genera and 3 non-nominotypical
subgenera.  To my knowledge, this monograph remains the benchmark work on
the group.

Ref: Cate, C. N., 1977.  A review of the Eratoidae (Mollusca: Gastropoda).
Veliger 19(3): 341-366. Jan. 1.

Harry

At 05:58 PM 3/21/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>Below is a list of Erato. I was wondering; are there any other Erato
>species that are missing from this list? Also, are there any that are
>synonomous and should be removed? I want to make the list as complete
>as possible.
>
>Erato albescens (Dall, 1905)
>Erato callosa (Adams & Reeve, 1848)
>Erato columbella (Menke, 1847)
>Erato gallinacea (Hinds, 1844)
>Erato gemma (Bavay, 1917)
>Erato maugeriae (Gray, 1832)
>Erato oligostata (Dall, 1902)
>Erato panamensis (Carpenter, 1856)
>Erato prayensis (Rochebrune, 1881)
>Erato recondita (Melvill & Standen, 1903)
>Erato sandwicensis (Pease, 1860)
>Erato scabriuscula (Sowerby, 1832)
>Erato sulcifera (Sowerby I I, 1832)
>Erato sulcifera schmeltziana (Crosse, 1867)
>Erato voluta (Montagu, 1803)
>Hespererato galapagensis (Schilder, 1933)
>Hespererato vitellina (Hinds, 1844)
>

>Thanks,
>James
Harry G. Lee
Suite 500
1801 Barrs St.
Jacksonville, FL 32204
USA   904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/~wfrank/jacksonv.htm