Sender:
From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 13:49:35 -0600
Comments:
To: "Kim C. Hutsell" <[log in to unmask]>
On 26-Mar-00, Kim C. Hutsell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Tom, Carol and all,

One bit of interesting information about the white harpas that Bret didn't mention (by the way, nice article, Bret!) is that the living animal of all of these white specimens displayed a color pattern exactly reversed from a normal Harpa major. I think he's really onto something here.

Also, in case any of you missed it, Bret recently co-authored an outstanding article with Henk Dijkstra in Basteria on a little known pectinid from Easter Island. For those of you interested in pectens, this is a "must have" for your reference library.

Regards,

Kim Hutsell

Hi, Kim and Everyone Else,
        How can I get ahold of the publication with the new pectenid description in it?
        I must admit that though I am mainly a pectinid collector (should "pectinid" be capitalized?) I really "flipped" over Bret's white Harpas.  Oh, boy, would I like to someday have one.  There are probably more people that would like to have this shell than there would be available specimens, particularly since we would want to ensure that the population remains.
                        Cheers, Linda W. B.