Sender:
From:
Paulino de Souza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:18:03 -0800
Andrew,

I am not sure about this one. I think it is easier to
eat dead meat then to kill a prey, thus I would guess
that carnivory first evolved as scavanging, and
returning to primitive state is not very uncommon in
evolution. But all these notions of "exciting"
"defaming" are only human aesthetic judgements.
Predators have an obvious appeal as mighty animals,
but that is it, nothing to do with its importance for
its environment.

Cheers,

Paulino