Sender:
From:
"Andrew K. Rindsberg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 08:56:35 -0500
Comments:
Helmut Nisters wrote,

"after having counted my totallity of specimens (about 2300 species in 160
000 specimens) and
after having revised the database of our private shell collection (European
inland-shells and
Mediterranea seashells) I've sold my collection todays for about $ 10
000.--.
What do you think about this.
As I am working for the museum in Innsbruck again, I'll stay further on
conch-l to have contact with you all and will do further tradings, where it
is possible to do.
with best regards. More later
Helmut from Innsbruck
Helmut "Helix" Nisters"

I'd say that Helmut has solved the conflict between curating a public
collection while building up a private collection in a novel way. Helmut,
do you plan to continue collecting on a private basis, or will you now
devote all your conchological energies to the Museum?

Andrew K. Rindsberg
Geological Survey of Alabama