Sender:
From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:05:36 -0400
I sent a private e-mail to Andrew Rindsberg and he says I need to share
it with all of you.

Jim and I have shared our mutual love for conchology together now for 38
years.  Although our talents, knowledge and abilities are
different....we combine them together to make it exciting.

Jim is the scientist.  He studies books and papers and does all the
identification.

I am the artist (creative person).  So I design exhibits and backboards
for shell shows.
I am also the computer "nerd".  So I catalog all the shells and do all
the i.d. labels.

Although we spend time in the field together collecting....Jim usually
cleans the shells or freezes them.   He also takes care of all the
diving and snorkelling gear on trips while I take care of the FOOD!

We work together at our Shell Club.  Jim is president and I am shell
show chairman.   We invest a lot of time together in our club...and feel
it is very important.

Jim "started" this whole thing by collecting a few shells on a beach in
California...and soon our whole family was involved.   Our daughter
started collecting shells when she was two years old.  She now teaches
science in a junior high school and has her collection set up in her
class room.

We both give programs at schools, senior citizen groups, churches, you
name it!  Sometimes we go as a couple or sometimes we go as an
individual.  We both really enjoy sharing our hobby with others.    Our
shell "museum" is always open to guests.

So we are involved together as life-time partners.

Bobbi Cordy
Merritt Island FL