Sender:
From:
George Sangiouloglou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 22:28:41 +0300
Dear friends,
Lots of thanks to all that wrote in Conch-L as well in Molluscs-mail
also and privately about the fake pictures. I hope this e-mail to cover
an answer for all.
First of all I would like to make clear that I didn't write about it for
to protect the copyright of my images and I don't want to use the
Conch-L for this matter, I can arrange it privately.
THE ONLY REASON THAT I WROTE TO CONCH-L IS FOR TO PROTECT THE COLLECTORS
THAT WILL BID TO THESE SHELLS IN THE E-BAY AUCTION.
As you know I like to share my shell images with all of you with
pleasure, never I refuse to give the permission to use them as well and
my background to any collector that ask, so my images there are and in
others Web site. Many persons can proof it in this list. (I hope the
above is an answer for Mr.  Samuel S. Tuttle)
I didn't write to ebay to report the fraud, by my opinion the bidders
must do that.
Following are the Cypraea and the URL address of images which used from
Mr. Andrew Sharpe:

Leucodon  Gem 86,6 mm. Very nice honey color, nice clear spots
and very well developed margins. Olango Isl. Cebu 1999
http://www.geocities.com/~sangioul/cypraea5/leucodon_868.html
Valentia Gem 88,3 mm. UNAVAILABLE Very nice pattern and margin spotting.
Cebu Philippines 1996
http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Plaza/1821/cypraea1/valentia_883.html
Langfordi  Gem 57,4 mm. Dark pattern orange base and margin.
Balut Isl. Mindanao 1997
http://www.geocities.com/~sangioul/cypraea4/cyp_langfordi_574.html

Also he used and my remarks on the shells in his description in the
e-bay
as follow:
299719418 RARE CYPRAEA LEUCODON 80 MM SPECIMEN SHELL
US $61.00
RARE CYPRAEA LEUCODON 80 MM F++ QUALITY VERY NICE HONEY COLOR, NICE
CLEAR SPOTS AND VERY WELL DEVELOPED MARGINS A MUST FOR SERIOUS
COLLECTORS

 299720868 CYPRAEA VALENTIA GEM QUALITY 91MM SHELL
US $191.50
CYPRAEA VALENTIA GEM QUALITY 91MM SHELL
91 MM GEM QUALITY DIVED AT BALUT ISLAND PHILLIPINES VERY NICE PATTERN,
COLOR AND MARGIN SPOTTING

299723429 CYPRAEA LANGFORDI GEM QUALITY 57MM RARE
US $50.00
CYPRAEA LANGFORDI GEM QUALITY DIVED AT BALUT ISLAND PHILLIPINES DARK
PATTERN ORANGE BASE AND MARGIN 57 MM REALLY NICE EXAMPLE

I am wondering if the shells that he offer are in the same quality as
that in my images (from which he removed the name and the size of the
shell, and my name) and the size are as he write, if yes how he can
offer them in these incredible low price?

Attached is the e-mail from Mr. Andrew Sharpe I accept his apology, this
matter has close for me. I think that Mr. Andrew Sharpe must apology to
the bidders more than me.

Thank you for your understanding, please don't give continue to this
matter.
Best regards.
George

--

George Sangiouloglou     http://www.geocities.com/~sangioul/
Xenofondos 40           http://members.xoom.com/sangioul/
Voula 16673              Phone +30 1 8955241  9659956
Athens Greece            Modem-Fax +30 1 8954507
                        mailto:[log in to unmask]