Sender:
From:
"James C. Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 00:15:08 -0400
Didn't expect such a quick turn around of answers!  Thanks so much for all
your help!

Just one main thing that I'd like to clear up... are most/all of these
species used primarily as a food source and secondly as curio products?  I
wouldn't think that to be the case with the cowries, but more so with the
larger species, even the Indian Chanks, which from what I've found only get
to 12 cm max?  What about the Triton trumpet?  Is it primarily used as food?
And so far as the medicinal uses, are there any others that are prominent
and wide spread?  Any that generate absurd amounts of income or exploit
absurd amounts of shells?  (The price per ton thing is an excellent example
of this, but who buys by the ton?  Construction material \ production
companies?

Thanks for all the great input so far!
-James