Sender:
From:
Paulino de Souza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 10:35:56 -0700
Dear Patty,

here is what I can do for you

> 'Marginella' loebbeckkii (my shell such labelled
> looks like Cryptospira vertricosa)

Probably Cryptospira loebbeckeana, and Tomlin agrees
with you, he says "Rather doubtfully distinct from
ventricosa".

> 'Marginella' exilis

Volvarina exilis or Prunum exile (Gmelin, 1791)

> 'Marginella' monilis

Prunum monile (Linnaeus, 1758)

> 'Marginella' bernardi

Cryptospira bernardii (Largilliert, 1845), the generic
assignment was by Jousseaume, 1875, I've never seen
this species.

> 'Marginella' hindsiana

Volvarina hindsiana or Prunum hindsianum (Petit,
1851), Jousseaume (1875) classified this species as
Egouena, generally they end up as being Prunum. But it
is anybody's guess since I don't belive Prunum and
Volvarina to be natural genera, anyway.

> 'Marginella' deliciosa

Marginella deliciosa (Bavay, 1912) I can't help you
with the generic assignment, again I've not seen this
species

> about the differences
> between Prunum storeria and P. marginatum.

P. marginatum is larger, brown and, most important,
has a double varix on the lip (when seen dorsaly)

P. storerium samller, grayish brown and a single varix
on lip.

Hope it was helpful.

best wishes,

Paulino